This learning program is part of a complete qualification. The qualification is General Security Practices NQF level 3. Difficult people, conflict and handling are part of the day-to-day activities between people. It is not a question of whether is it possible it is rather a question of when is it going to happen and how will you deal with it.
Purpose of this learning program – A person credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Identify and define conflict situations.
- Handle and defuse conflict situations.
- Provide feedback on conflict situations.
- Identify different types of conflict.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to identify the stages of conflict.
- Explain the responses of people to conflict.
- Explain managerial actions that cause conflict
- Identify the correct workplace procedure to follow in the event of the following scenarios: • Dealing with difficult people. • Dealing with angry and aggressive people. • Dealing with alcoholics and drug addicts.
- Use of force when: • Removing a suspect/person from a site. • Physical restraining techniques are used.
- Conduct a threat assessment before confronting a person.
- Explain the responses of individuals after a threat assessment.
- Explain the concept of good communication skills during the process of defusing conflict.
This program is compiled for the following target group:
• Security members
• South African Defense Force members
• South African Police Force members
• Correctional Services
• Individuals who wish to complete the NQF level 3 National Certificate in security practices.