The person credited with this unit standard will understand and explain the main concepts of primary labour legislation as it applies to a business unit.
2. Credit Value
Based on the section the credit weighting of eight credits will be obtained after the learner successfully completed this section and is declared competent after the assessment process. This is inclusive of your Formative and Summative Assessments after you completed the learning experience.
3. The Scope of Demonstrate Basic Understanding of the Primary Labour Legislation that Impacts on a Business Unit – After completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Identify legislation that regulates employment issues.
2. Understand the main aspects of the Labour Relations Act (LRA) as amended that relate to the management of a business unit.
3. Explain the requirements of the LRA in respect of interviews
4. Understand the main aspects of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act as amended, that business unit managers might be responsible for implementing
5. Understand the Employment Equity Act as it applies to business unit managers
6. Understand the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998 and the Skills Development Levies Act as they apply in a business unit.
DEMONSTRATE BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE PRIMARY LABOUR LEGISLATION THAT IMPACTS ON A BUSINESS UNIT
Unit Standard 13952
- LEARNER MANUAL Unit Standard 13952 – Demonstrate Basic understanding of the Primary Labour Legislation that impacts on a Business Unit
- LEARNER REGISTRATION and CERTIFIED ID COPY
- FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT Unit Standard 13952 LEARNER WORKBOOK
- SECTION 1. Specific Outcomes and Assessment Criteria of Learning Activities. CHAPTER 1 Activity 1 (8 Marks)
- SECTION 2 CHAPTER 2 (6 Marks)
- CHAPTER 2 Activity 2: (10 Marks)
- CHAPTER 2 Activity 3: (12 Marks)
- SECTION 2 CHAPTER 3 Applied Knowledge Activity 4: (9 Marks)
- SECTION 4 CHAPTER 4 Applied Knowledge Activity 5: (28 Marks)
- SECTION 5 CHAPTER 5 Applied Knowledge Activity 6: (6 Marks)
- CHAPTER 5 Activity 7: (10 Marks)
- SECTION 6 CHAPTER 6 Applied Knowledge Activity 8: (10 Marks)
- SUMMITIVE ASSESSMENT
- SECTION 1 Question 1: Explain the 6 (six) main pieces of labour legislation and who is covered by each Act. Analyse and indicate how the 6 (six) Acts interact and support the South African Constitution. (12 Marks)
- Question 2: Explain in more than 150 words the Scope and Application of each Act. (24 Marks)
- SECTION 2 Question 1: Explain the right to freedom of Association and the protection or Employers and Organisational rights.
- Question 2: Write an essay in more than 150 words and explain the grievance policy to be followed by an employee and the way forward with regards to resolution as well as the importance of handling conflict and preventing unfair labour practice.
- SECTION 3 Question 1: Prepare a list of acceptable and unacceptable questions that can be asked at an interview and why these questions are seen as fair or unfair discrimination in an interview. (8 Marks)
- SECTION 4 Question 1: Explain the different working hours for each category of the security officers as well as the ordinary working hours, overtime and payment of overtime. (8 Marks)
- SECTION 5 Question 1: Explain the barriers which effect disadvantaged people and how it can be overcome.
- SECTION 6 Question 1: Write an essay, in more than 150 words, and explain the requirements placed on employers by the Skills Development Act and the Skills Development Levies Act. (15 Marks)