The person qualified with this unit standard will be able to Demonstrate physical defensive restraining techniques. They will be able to apply physical restraining techniques. They will be able to use a tonfa/baton. They will be able to defend themselves against offenders. Demonstrate the applications of the concept of Verbal Judo. Demonstrate the application of physical searching techniques.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This unit standard is for learners in the law enforcement environment who demonstrate physical restraining techniques when dealing with persons who contravene the law or in self-defence in cases of personal attacks.
After completion of this unit standard, the learner will have the knowledge and skills required to understand and explain:
- Apply physical restraining techniques.
- Use a tonfa and or baton.
- Defend oneself against offenders.
- Demonstrate the applications of the concept of Verbal Judo.
- Demonstrate the application of physical searching techniques
DEMONSTRATE PHYSICAL DEFENSIVE RESTRAINING TECHNIQUES
UNIT STANDARD 120486
- LEARNER GUIDE Demonstrate Physical Defensive Restraining Techniques U/S 120486
- LEARNER REGISTRATION and certified ID copy
- FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT U/S 120486 Learner Workbook
- Quizie Formative Assessment
- 1. Give the definition of handcuffs. (1 Mark)
- 2. Explain what the following is (2 Marks)
- 3. When should handcuffs be used? (4 Marks)
- 8. Name 3 points can be used when attacking with a baton. (3 Marks)
- 9. What aspects should be taken into consideration when carrying a baton? (4 Marks)
- 10. In your own word explain what is self-defense Self-defense or private defense (2 Marks)
- 11. When defending one self against an unarmed offender where are you not allowed to hit with a baton? (4 Marks)
- 12. If an officer has to weaponless defend himself against an armed offender, he have 2 choices. Explain
- 15. Explain, in your own words, what is verbal judo?
- 16. What is the basic principles of verbal judo?
- 18. Name four things that are suggested one never say in verbal judo
- 19. What does section 29 of the Criminal Procedure Act stipulate about search of a person and premises?
- 22. How will the searching technique differ from the armed and un armed offender